Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Duck's Breath Mystery Theatre: Out of Season



The debut LP from the nutso brilliant quintet of Iowans who gave the world Ian Shoales, Randee of the Redwoods, and Dr. Science. "There's a whole lotta places I ain't been before / And a lotta places wouldn't let me in before / But I don't care if I'm sick and gettin' old / 'Cause I'm gonna sit right here and dig a hole / So PLBBBT! on the other guys, PLBBBT! on the other guys / 'Cause I just like it here."

Meet Mr. Silly
Taconite
The Marones
Bomba, Jungle Boy
Bang the Moe Slowly
Fuzzy, Squirrel of the North
Mr. Silly Gets a Letter!
Bomba, Jungle Boy II
Soup
Caffeine Zombie
The Transvestite Farmers Association
I'm the Record
Whole Lotta Places
Mr. Silly Again!
Love Under Par
The Swami
Dr. Audio
When Girls Collide
Earwax
Dogman
Santa Claus
India
Mr. Silly Finale
Caveat Emptor

LP audio & art

DISCLAIMER: To the best of my knowledge, this work is out of print and not available for purchase in any format. If you are the artist and are planning a reissue, please let me know and I’ll remove it from the blog. Also please get in touch if you’ve lost your art &/or sound masters and would like to talk with me about my restoration work.

4 comments:

  1. This brings back fond memories. I remember seeing these guys several times in the north Bay Area in the early 1980s. Always brought the house down. Thanks for this, Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings back fond memories. I remember seeing these guys several times in the north Bay Area in the early 1980s. Always brought the house down. Thanks for this, Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bang the Moe Slowly brings back memories of when I'd first heard this saga on The Dr.Demento Show on the radio in 1981.It had nice added touches like adding extra 3rd Stooges to the saga in addition to Curley,Shemp,&Curley-Joe were Shemp-Joe,Curley-Shemp,Joe-Shemp,Shemp-Shemp,and Curley-Curley and it's no wonder that Joe was left out not just to make the narraator's list more rhythmic but Joe is the least like of the real 6 Stooges.They also came via Larry slapping his hand over his own boomerand and twisting his nose in a counter clockwise direction to produce the Stooge alert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Johnny and me, we were there at the very beginnings of Agricultural Tranvestitism....

    ReplyDelete